booting ubuntu from usb using virtualbox -


I am trying to install Ubuntu on a USB, the problem is that I do not want to repeat the boot once, I want to keep my windows, but I want to boot Ubuntu using the virtualbox and USB to the Ubuntu Want to use my hard drive, but how?

The virtualbox will not recognize USB as a hard drive when installing an ISO

In virtualbox, you have to create a virtual hard disk. Make a USB drive and tell the virtual box to install a virtual hard drive that you just created.

EDIT: To answer some more questions:

In the new Virtual Disk dialog, click the button next to the location field, click on the button Virtual Disk on Flash Drive To access, click the arrow next to Save in the Select File in the window next to Save In, and you can access your flash drive from there. I recommend setting the image to be allocated dynamically, because the size of your flash drive is not available disk space. I name the image, then select that image to install Ubuntu in the Verbill box. The virtualbox will never be installed directly on any drive, but will always be installed on the virtual disk Windows will still be able to read your USB drive, but there will be a file ending in .vdi, which is your virtual disk drive.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

Visual Studio 2005: How to speed up builds when a VSMDI is open? -