git releases management -


What is the "right" approach to managing relation using GIT, I say, Master, Reliance - 1, Reliance-2 and Release 3 branches. Release 1 has already been released and I only tagging the bug fixing and release version on it Release 2 is going to be released soon and I mostly develop on this branch while on 3 I develop things which Necessary in the future

  1. When I add some features when I release -2 and it should go to 3 but not 1, I want to:

    • Merge to release Release-2 and release Release 3 related to the Cherry-pick feature?
    • Cherry-pick is committed to master related to convenience and select -3 to release it in comparison to Cherry?
    • sth else?
  2. When I have to change the STH in all the editions, then I should do it on master and cherry - should it be taken in all the branches?

  3. Should I still master the latest (release-3 branch) or the developer on release 3 or not and join the master before the release -4 branch needs me?

  4. When I fix the stability on Release-1 or Release-2, should I master the merge or cherry-master or not?

I am not sure when I should choose cherries, when should I merge and if the flow of code is correct between the branches.

See the following post on the Junio ​​C Hamano (GIT Maintainer) blog:

    < Li>

See also the manual page. / div>

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

Visual Studio 2005: How to speed up builds when a VSMDI is open? -

booting ubuntu from usb using virtualbox -