Known constructs that crash the Delphi IDE -


I use Turbo Explorer 2006 (Update 2), and sometimes IDE crash in a specific unit When I try to use class perfection, the unit (and the whole project) is in production and goes fine for many years, with daily modifications, it only fails the IDE equipment.

Usually, if this happens, Delphi avoids crash, but in some parts IDE is inactive (eg in tooltips for expression in DPB value whose unit is not in .dpr)

I suspect that the parser dies on some specific construction, possibly some ifdef'ed, because this unit is a huge system switchboard.

Does the SD know the specific constructions that kill the IDE? I would like to fix it so that I can again use class perfection. A workaround (& Googling "Class Completion" crash for Delphi Turbo) is a workaround in bug report located in the < Change "TTest" to "TButton" and remove "TButton = class (TTest)" & laquo;) at least for the given testcases, but I do not know that your case when applicable


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

Visual Studio 2005: How to speed up builds when a VSMDI is open? -

booting ubuntu from usb using virtualbox -