debian - How often do I run autoconf? -


In my company, I'm working on creating a Debian deb package from a third party library. The library is built using Autotools. I have never worked with Autotools and I have some hard times coming to library sources like configure.in and Makefile.am files and m4 / < / Code> directory. I am able to create a library using this sequence:

  aclocal -i m4 -i / usr / share / aclocal autoheader libtoolize --automake automake -a autoconf / Configure>  

Debian / Rule file I want to use CDBS. I have written it:

/ code / # /! / Usr / bin / make -f contains /usr/share/cdbs/1/rules/debhelper.mk / usr / share / cdbs / 1 / class /autotools.mk

But it does not work, it complains that the configure file is missing and that's right, as the Autotools class expects this file to be present. But it is not there and someone has to call autoconf and friends first!

Why does Autotools CDBS class not let me call autoconf and friends? How do I stop this?

A Depression:

When I use a program, I do not compile it every time, I compile it once and reuse binary .

When people install software, they do not compile it themselves, once it is maintained and people are binary package re-used.

When the maintenance package compiles, then the configure script every time when it compiles, then the above author has created it once and maintained by using it again. Could.

Is this last sentence true? Because it seems to me that the Autotools CDBS class writers have accepted such a thing - they assume that configure to be present, and when it comes to compiling packages for different architectures, Use I Am Right?

On the one hand, if can be configured , it should not be present anywhere - if you need it, then you are generated from other files. On the other hand, Autotools CDBS class writers should have had some other reason to implement this method.

summary:

  • How do I deal with this problem of the Autotools CDBS class described above?
  • How often can I reproduce configure ? (Normally, while creating more Debian packages.)

First of all, you Are also working harder Awwlal End & amp; AutoHeader & amp; Etc ..., you can just run autoreconf. This will ensure that all autotolms are applied in the correct order (and are easy in fingers and brain). Second, once you have created the configured script, you should make a build directory and you will need to create 'dist' to get a torble that will be used to generate debb. It will have a configurable script for the tarball. (Better yet, just use the upstream-generated tarball and do not worry about running autotulose.)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

Visual Studio 2005: How to speed up builds when a VSMDI is open? -

booting ubuntu from usb using virtualbox -