language agnostic - What different terms mean the same thing (or don't, but people think they do)? -


One of the disadvantages I have running on a daily basis is telling customers one thing, while another means. Generally, this is due to some misconception, but sometimes they are actually saying that I am using a different period.

For example, one of my clients mentioned the second day that they said that the facility, "you type." Being a bit confused, I asked him what he said, and he described this feature in Google, once you start writing a search query, Google suggests other popular queries Which match the letters you wrote.

Click! They mean themselves complete! She was not wrong, it's just that I had never heard this word before.

In the spirit of reducing confusion, what words can you think about, but what does it mean, basically, the same thing?

Besides, what people think, but do not do, please distinguish between the two.

Please only set one of the terms of reply per answer, so we can vote on the best people.

parameter == logic

parameter There is a variable in the declaration of function or method.

Logic is the actual value of this variable which passes the function.

I like it because it also happens to programmers


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -