Is it possible to run multiple DDL statements inside a transaction (within SQL Server)? -


I am thinking that it is possible to run many DDL details within the transaction. I am particularly interested in SQL Server, though it may also be interesting with other databases (at least, Oracle, Postgrow).

I am creating a "CREATE TABLE" and "CREATE VIEW" table inside a transaction and some discrepancies, and I am thinking that DDL should not be made within the transaction. ..

I can probably move DDL out of transactions but I want to get some context for this. MSDN page clearly states that a clear under running snapshot isolation DDL operations in transactions What sanctions can be imposed - but I'm not using snapshot isolation, and it should result in an error.

  • This can be done in such a way that the operation of DDL can be presented in a clear transaction under different isolation levels?
  • Indicates that only one DDL statement

for Oracle:

  • In any deal it can be executed It is said that Oracle is committed to the statement of DDL? (Even if there is a reference)

If it does matter, then I am doing this with JAVDA via the JTDS JDBC driver.

br

I know that most databases have restrictions, but postgres does not do. You can run any number of table creations, column changes, and index changes in transactions, and changes are not visible for other users' units COMMIT. That's why the database should be! : -)

You can run DDL within the transaction for SQL Server, but, and therefore, changes will be visible to others before reducing the transaction. But, but for those who work and you do not need to run some tests.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -