.NET DLL versions and xcopy deployment -


I am deploying several programs to use XCOPY deployment on a shared network drive in a folder because it allows me to It's very easy to update in home programs. This is a shared DLL NNC.dll. It is not often modified but recently done when I went to deploy I could not overwrite because it is a subversion change.

If I change the name of the assembly in NNC project to NNC 1.1, DLL will copy it to the network in the same folder, whether the new DPL programs are new DLL and old NNC Will take DLL What I would ideally prefer, but I would not like to deploy, and then realize that the old programs are raising the new edition assembly because there is a break-change in that, which I have not yet decided in all the projects.

There is a strong name in the assembly and I have updated version number to match.

This is the way I had hoped in my question.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -