internet explorer 6 - IE MIME/content filtering -


I am looking for ways to develop an extension for IE6 + which will allow the management of custom MIME types < / P>

As an example, I should be able to take a document with a custom mime type that is returned by the server, do some processing on it, and then change the MIME type back to something which is the original of IE IE Handle the form, such as text / html or image / JPEG.

I am familiar with the URLMN MIMA filter, but they have a major weakness; They are applicable only for top-level documents, and for any additional page content such as images and likes.

The way I think that it will work, it is similar to the work of HTTP / Google Gears, protocol handlers using Vtable / iat patch, to be able to block response headers and specify MIME If you receive a document with the type, be able to modify the header and reaction body.

I am thinking that no one else has any good ideas on how this can be accomplished in a less sophisticated manner.

EDIT: Just thought I would like to follow it on and tell that I went with the vtable patch in the HTTP / S protocol handlers, and it worked better than I expected if someone else did something like that I'm suggesting to take a look at the HttpHandlerPatch class in Google Gears for some inspiration. Several years ago, on the basis of a book named Shell Programming in VB 6, such extensions, bh.o., IE Toolbars were written etc. The book I used to use is this: This book tells you how to get the messages coming in the eye into hooks and nets. I did not write a type of screen scraper (post-render style like a spider, which does not execute JavaScript first). It was based on IE5 but extensions still work with IE6. I'm probably still VB6 source somewhere I'm not offering to upgrade it up. However for you.

PS I have reviewed that page by Haroeris Astrum :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -