Sharing code between compact and full .NET Framework -


I have completely projects that I want to reuse between the net compact structure and the whole framework. I have read Daniel Moth's incredibly informative article about this topic ()

Then there are two main methods:

1) Target the compact structure (i.e. the least common Go to Separator)

2) Do different projects, link to this same source.

I like going with Law 1 because I want to write once, build once and deploy it once. Are there any performance / memory / sustainability issues with this approach?

The first option is very good theory, unless you are working on one of your projects , And you want to implement some feature for the actually full version, but you can not do it for Compact Edition because it does not support it.

I would suggest try to isolate all the "least common denominator" codes in different assemblies from everything else. If you keep your concerns separate, then you will be able to relate each and every related to your entire and compact projects. At the end of the front, you can put the appropriate assemblies together and put them in front.

However, I think it might start by targeting compact structures where appropriate appropriate concerns are to be separated, and when you reach the point where you actually If you want an extra feature on the full version, then it is time of branch in two front boundaries. Do not do this unless you need it, though YAGNI otherwise.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -