devexpress - Install D5 (& third party comps) on a machine with Delphi 2007? -


I've got a Delphi 2007 VM that includes a proper up-to-date report builder and dev Express Suite. Use for a particular project for a particular client.

For the same client, I also have a D5 VM that is to use a different (old, older) version of the Report Builder and some of the different (Dev Expressre) components Version)

This will test and normal maintenance for my client, if I can install D5 (and versions of components used by it) on D 2007 VM, and there is a 'uber VM' in which Everything that involves the client's nature That's why I have to keep 'different' different versions of components.

Hope that you have not left all to sleep with bored - just thought that if any tips or tips I want before I try to do this I thought that the D2007 machine But it would be easy to insert D5 (to avoid the process of re-registration of existing VM drives etc. plus plus one D 2007 installation), but if D-2007 is easier to add D5 then I can do this Think that way Is round.

Any advice? : -)

Multiple Delphi versions remain quite well if you have something that is true machines If you have a VM manager with snapshot capabilities then you can try to install Delphi 5 on Delphi 2007 and see if anything breaks - if you come back to the snapshot. However, installing a new VM is not a big task; instead, I can install Delphi versions in the suggested order.

Many versions of the component set can also be installed, each in its own directory. Only one of them can be registered inside the IDE, obviously, but you can use different versions for different IDE versions. If you have an installer that troubles you, you can always install Delphi and component sets in one account and develop it in another account. Installers usually only write machines and current users in registry hives, so running Delphi in another account allows you to install packages manually. Be sure to build packages in the Delphi-specific-specific directory - even though most packages contain version-specific package files, all other source files have the same name, and each Delphi version requires rebuilding.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -