sql server - ASP.NET MVC newbie: can't get aspnet_regsql.exe to work -


I just followed Web Developer Express 2008 and MVC Framework (all omission, was installed in the SQL Server Express process) . I followed the initial steps, defined by IDE databases and defined tables (worked fine).

To further define my table, which relies heavily on user base, I had to figure out how to add the user table to my newly created database (That's why I used tables with foreign keys I can create the user table), so I "jumped" into the authentication and authorization section in the manual, where they need to run "aspnet_regsql.exe" from "C: \ windows \ Microsoft.NET \ Framework \ v2.0.50727" Kata is mentioned. .

I found the file and ran it.

It asks for a server name and some default (this is the beginning of my computer name). I do not remember clearly mentioning any name during the establishment of Visual Web Developer, I think this is a default one. "Windows authentication" has been selected. I can also choose "SQL Server authentication" but I do not need a username and password for this.

When I came to choose a database, I click on the drop-down of the "Database" combo box, it takes a few seconds, and then it screams the following error message:

"Failed to query a list of database names from SQL Server. A network-related or instance specific error was encountered while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the name of the example is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (Providers: Named Pipes Provider, Error: 40 - Connection to SQL Server can not be opened ) "

I found this online search and did not find a simple solution for my seemingly trivial problem.

To clarify, I do not want a remote connection but rather a local one

Before I can proceed with the regsql process, before I do my local Take any steps to execute with the SQL Server Express installation?

Is this plain vanilla out of box installation, any thoughts?

Firstly, copy the backup of your MDF file, if this command completely hogs you work. Try it: Change the aspnet_regsql -A all -C "Data Source =. \ SQLEXPRESS; Integrated Security = TrueS; User Instance = True" -d "PATH_TO_MY_DATABASE.MDF_FILE"

PATH_TO_MY_DATABASE.MDF_FILE on the full path to your MDF file. This is most likely in your APP_DATA folder.

This information comes from one, and I have successfully used it in order to setup membership tables for the SQL Server Express project with the MDF file database.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -