How do you make a MsgBox with a "Do Not Ask This Again" or "Don't Ask Me Again" Checkbox in VB6? -


I want to ask partly because I want to know the best way to do this, and partly because The top Google result I had found was a forum thread in which there was no question of 2002.

I have inherited some VB6 codes, and some code is said in the MSBBox call, many of which are displayed in messages that end users will get very annoying after a while (like "printing complete , "" Record added, "etc.)

I would like to add the standard user interface control of a message box in which" I do this again ", so when the check is done and the right click is done, Shows which programs Ting is saved, you know ... again never ask. Beautiful standard control, this idea is quite self explanatory.

What do I want to know? What is the best way to do this in VB6? The best practice is to just create a new look for these types of msgboxen and replace the old MsgBox with someone The obvious way is. Showing on that form, but is the better way of VB6 gurus on stack overflow?

Thanks in advance

As far as I know, there is no other way is. You need to create your message box form with the checkbox. Of course, you will need to modify the code to store and retrieve this setting (and work properly based on settings).

I have done this many times in my own application, one thing to think .... Suppose that the user checks the box "Do not show me this again" In my opinion, setting reset There should be a way to do Since the message box form will not be visible again, so I added it in the configuration form (for my app).

One thing you can consider is the sub-classification MSGOBX function. You can create a function within your app that has the same parameter list, but with some extra. If additional parameters are missing, just call vba.MsgBox (to get standard behavior). If you pass in additional parameters, you can call your new form instead.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -