sql - Performance of MS Access when JOINing from linked tables in different servers? -


If I have an MS Access database with tables attached to two different database servers (one table with SQL Server DB and One from an Oracle DB) and I write a question which is included in those two tables, how can access (or jet engine, I think?) Handle this query? Will this issue some challenges on each table first which I am joining to get to the areas which match the rows, release more options for those lines?

The key to understanding is this:

Are you asking a question that Can entry / jet be favorable before submitting the request of the two server database? If you are fully involved in both tables, then the jet has to request both tables, which will be ugly.

If, on the other hand, you can provide criteria that limits one or both sides, join / jet can be more efficient and request a filtered result instead of the full table Could.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -