What is the best way to combine a path and a filename in C#/.NET? -


What is the best way to add a path to a file name?

The same C: \ foo and bar.txt , I want to c: \ foo \ bar.txt .

C: \ foo and .. \ bar.txt , I either have an error or c: \ foo \ bar.txt should be (so i path.cabine () directly). For the same type as c: \ foo and bar / baz.txt , send me an error or c: \ foo \ baz.txt (not c: \ foo \ bar \ baz.txt ).

I know, I can check that the file name does not have '\' or '/', but is it enough? If not, then what is the correct check?

If you want to create a "bad" filename with an error:

< Pre = if the path (filename)! = Filename) {throw a new exception ("'filename is invalid!')}} String joint = path.cobine (dir, filename);

Or, if you want to silently silence the "bad" file names without throwing an exception:

  string composite = path.combin (directories, path.getFileName (file name) ));  
< / Div>

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -