Retrieve label content in Jquery -


I am using JQuery for my application. In my code, I only want to get the text of 'first name' in the label.

I have tried it with

  $ ("# label" + div_id + ""). .html (); // shows the first name with the span tag.  

But I just need the first name, how can I do this?

The following is my HTML code

  & lt; Label id = "label1" & gt; First name & lt; Span class = "req" & gt; & Lt; Them & gt; * & Lt; / Em> & Lt; / Span & gt; & Lt; / Labels & gt;  

General solution to this problem - that is, get instant text, but not a child text - elem.clone (). Children () Remove (). the ending (). Text (); (where elem is $ ("# label" + div_id) ). Similar result is the solution of karim79, but if the other tags are not added to the label, then by the benefit of breaking it


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -