Why are all files marked with 'merge' in TFS? -


I'm merge my development branch into the main branch. My development branch has a subset of only those files that I have changed, all other files should be unchanged. Logically, I want to merge only those files that I have changed I will not check in the file that I did not change.

But when I perform a merge operation in TFS, it marks every file in the tree with the 'merge' type of change. It seems that I have to check every single file in the entire source code tree! I really do not want to do this because it is impossible to see these changes and see what I am making as part of my project.

At first, I thought I can use tfpt.exe to undo the unchanged command to undo all the 'merge' changes, but it will not undo those changes.

Anyone have any ideas on this? Thank you.

There are several possible reasons why this is not the full list:

  • A namespace operation (delete, undelete, rename) is done on the original folder of the files named "merge"
  • You have created a namespace operation (delete, undelete, rename) that are already targeted In the branch
  • You executed a sequence of namespace operations which collapsed in a no-op (for example delete, delete, or
  • You are expiring one

Note: All of these are for 2005 Apply equally; 2008.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -