rubygems - Ruby 1.9.1 Load Path Craziness -


OK, I have spent just 4 hours trying to find this one without success. I try all the usual suspects And Ruby 1.9.1, every combination of load path, gem, mac OS X, freeBSD, shrimp and other accessories is rotated. The bottom line is this:

When I compile ruby1.9.1-p129 from sources on Mac OS X 10.5, then I get the default load path ($ :):

 Ruby - E "$ puts:" / usr / local / lib / ruby ​​/ jewels /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.1 /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.1/i386 -darwin9.7.0 / Usr / local / lib / ruby ​​/ site_ruby /usr/local/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/1.9.1 /usr/local/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/1.9.1/i386-darwin9.7.0 / Usr / local / lib / rabbi / vendor / rub / urls / LOC / lb / rub / 19 / 9 / LCL / LIB / RBI / 1.9.1 / i386-Darwin 9.7.0. 

When I establish prawn gem, for example, I get:

 Mani which prawn (prawn gem prawn for shrimp - 0.5.0.1) / prawn .rb 

And when I try to get it, I get:

 Ruby-E "required 'prawn' '-e: 1:' requirement 'in: No such file to load- Shrimp (load ferrule) -e: 1: `` 

The only way I am able to solve this is by making some stupid like this:

< Pre> $: & lt; & Lt; "/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/prawn-0.5.0.1/lib"

Which is obviously ridiculous. So the question is, how do I get Rabbi 1.9.1 to recognize and follow the correct Gemstone path? I have never done this issue with 1.8.7, so I am assuming it is 1.9.1 specific. I think that I have some completely clear and any help would be greatly appreciated!

setting GEM_PATH = /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1

The problem is resolved. I knew that this was something simple, it just grew to me that it took every day to find out !! This is never making this issue with 1.8.7 and certainly RTFM !!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -