How do I properly remove an svn:externals and replace it with a local (non-external) copy of the same directory? -


I know that there are similar questions on this subject, but I can not even get answers to my specific case. I have a project that I have inherited from another team repo. Instead of redirecting our checked copies to our servers, instead, we did "svn switch --relocate". But, they still have one svn: externals for a subdirectory and it still points to any of their other repositories.

How do I properly remove external and replace it with the local version of that directory? I tried removing the external directory and changing it with the local copy and checking it, but when 'svn up' on the root of the project, it complains that the directory is "locked". What am I doing wrong?

Oh, and I do not have many GUI tools to install. I'm just doing it on the command line thanks!

In the root of its working copy:

svn Propedit svn: Externals

You should see a file in your form of editor that has such lines:

  path / per / extenal http: / / Url / of / repo  

If you delete that line, if you run a committed / update, then the external definition should be removed from that path, and the path must be unlocked.

If you complain then may need to run svn cleanup .


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -