windows - Run another installer in an Inno Setup installation -


My company is developing an application that relies on one of our applications. That second application already has an Ino Setup installer.

So I think I want to bundle the installer of the other application inside the Inno Setup installer for the first app. But I'm not sure how to go about this properly. Does anyone know the "right way" to do this?

I found this:. I think the technique can be used for Nested Ino Setup installer. But I have a few questions about the exact details:

  1. How can I make it, if the first application has been uninstalled, the other has also been uninstalled?
  2. (to automatically uninstall another application) is a sensible thing, or should I leave the user to do it manually?
  3. If the user tries to uninstall another application uninstalled for the first time, can anyone find out and give a warning to me? How can I go about doing this?

Uninstaller is the level of functionality you are talking about, mine Recommend that you are familiar with Pascal scripting in the nano setup (if you are not already). It provides incredible optimization, but there is a warning to make your projects much more complicated.

To answer your third question first:

Yes, you should do this. To do this correctly, you have to add this functionality to the uninstaller of another application (i.e. your app is dependent). See uninstall event function in the Ino Setup Help if you have installed your app, you must check it in that uninstaller (for example, if HKLM \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Uninstall \ SecondAppName is present) and in that case an extra warning is shown

For your second question:

If it is remotely possible that your customer is second Wants to continue using the app, even if it decides that If you want to uninstall first, you should give it the option

And finally, your first question:

You need to set a name (

< P> You will do this with the different wizard page in Uninstaller for your app after uninstalling your app.The full path) Other apps Uninstaller exe You can call it Registry Key HKLM \ SOFTWARE \ You can get it from Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ uninstall \ SecondAppName \ UninstallString . To execute with a script in the [CODE] section, see Exec in Ino Setup Help


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -