Convert python filenames to unicode -


I'm on python 2.6 for Windows.

I use Oaswas to read a file tree. Files can have non-7-bit characters (for example, German "AE") in their filenames, they are encoded in Python's internal string representation.

I am processing these filenames with Python library functions and they fail due to incorrect encoding.

Do I have these files (Unicode?) Python Strings?

I have a file "d: \ utest \ ΓΌ.txt". Passing paths in the form of Unicode does not work:

  & gt; & Gt; & Gt; List (o.wock ('d: \ uustest')) [('D: \\ qualification', [], ['xfc.txt'])]> gt; & Gt; & Gt; List (ow: u \\\\\\\\\) [(u'd: \\ utest ', [], [u' \ xfc.txt '])]  
< / Div>

If you pass a unicode string for os.walk () , you can use Unicode The result will be:

  & gt; & Gt; & Gt; List (OSKAAC (RC: \ example ')) Passing # ASCII string [(' C: \\ Example ', [], [' file.txt '])]> gt; & Gt; & Gt; & Gt; & Gt; & Gt; Passing a Unicode string [(U 'C: \\ Example', [], [u'file.txt '])]  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -