java - How to run an external tool in Eclipse in debug mode -


For several reasons my project can only be run as a finished and packed jar (in some magic assembly) So I run it in Eclipse as an external device.

Whatever I am missing is debugging functionality Is there any way to run an external device in debug mode in Eclipse?

You can connect to remote JVM, if it is started in debug mode.

That is, during the remote application startup, you should argue the following JVM: -Xdebug -Xnoagent -Xrunjdwp: transport = dt_socket, address = 6079, server = y, suspend = n

Then you can attach to the application in Eclipse, by using the "Debug Configuration" window, selecting "Remote Java Application". Nothing more than really necessary in connection properties with host name and port number (6079 in my case) is really necessary.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -