php - What would be a good sample project to ask a prospective programmer to code during the hiring process? -


My understanding is that seeking a work sample is a good way to determine whether you have the skills to As some people just interview well, I want to write some sample code for me from potential developers.

I am looking for ideas on what kind of small project they can do in an hour or two, and will show that they have a good understanding of OOP, good coding practices etc. and What to do - how to evaluate it in a fairly useful way.

For reference, I am the owner of a small business, Interpreter developers, I can code PHP for developing PHP on internal projects, but I am not an expert (some work is refactoring code Which I have written to be better structured and consistent), and so what I want to see when evaluating the samples,

Especially for those people who, before recruiting like this The method is used.

I was thinking that I can give them some code, reactor, and see how they do it on it. Has anyone ever given a computation test as part of the recruitment process?

Explanation: I am not talking about coding during an interview. I'm talking about an instead of coding for an interview, for the reference, the motivation for this question has been found in Fastcompany, that the better job success than the interview How are the samples?

Why can it be disagreed to hire people without meeting them

I can not create a necessary application and Some bugs will embed

What looks applicant some bugs?

How does the applicant's code unite in the existing code?

Does the applicant get stuck on something which really does not matter?

Is the applicant current to the code's coding standard?

After this exercise, discuss the code with the applicant can be more valuable than the actual code.

Note: Regarding @bpapa reply, I can ensure that the problem is novel and will not be clearly used in production.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -