regex - .hgignore syntax for ignoring only files, not directories? -


I have a problem that I can not understand. I am using TortoiseHg (version 0.7.5) on Windows, but I have the same problem on Linux. Here it is:

My .hgignore file:

  syntax: regexp ^ [^ \\ /] + $  < / Pre> 

What I am trying to achieve is to add files that are in the root of the HG repository, to the ignore list. For example if I like this:

  .hg + mydir1 + mydir2 -myfile1 -myfile2 -otherfile1 -otherfile2 .hgignore  

let me myfile1 (2 ) And other file 1 (2) should be ignored (names are for the purpose of this example only - they do not have a simple rule which can easily be inserted in the hgignore file)

Something is missing because I'm pretty sure that the regexp is good (I also test it)? idea?

Is there an easy way to get this? [Rare lists to add files which are in the root of the Mercurial repository]

I relayed it irc In the question on .freenode.net #mersial and the response was that you can not differentiate between files and directories - the directory is mailed without slash which you are searching in your regexp.

However, if you can assume that your directory has full-stop will not be, but if you have files, then something like this seems to be done:

 ^ [^ /] * \ .. * $ 

I like it Tested in a repository:

% hg Status -ui? A.txt? BBB? Foo / x.txt? 

BBB? Foo / x.txt? Foo / yyy I .hgignore i a.txt

indicates that the a.txt file is properly ignored in your root directory, but X.txt foo is not in the subdirectory. You can also see that in the root code not a file named bbb But you may be able to add such a file yourself to the .hgignore file.

If you have a directory like bar.baz in your directory, then this directory and all files will be ignored. I hope this helps a bit.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -