internet explorer - Can't display PDF from HTTPS in IE 8 (on 64-bit Vista) -


I have a homely HTTPS server that works simple files (this is embedded within my app) It works great - it's always been using.

Recent SSL support - Chrome, Firefox and IE all like it and the load page is just fine.

I think the problem is that I try to load a PDF file over HTTPS connection. For some reason, PDF never displays in IE 8 (64-bit 64-bit Vista), it works fine in Chrome and works fine in IE 8 when using plain HTML - only HTTPS Failure while using.

Note: When IE 8 is mentioned, 32-bit IE 8 on 64-bit Vista is, though 64-bit IE 8 behaves similarly.

I think this is something IE 8 / HTTPS / PDF / 64-bit OS problem, but I'm not sure.

Displays the debugbar request for IE 8 and the response was expected properly - there are no errors at all. IE 8 does not show any errors or anything - pure white screen (or that page Which was displayed before trying to load the PDF). Clear cache / cookies / etc.

Is there any known issues with IE / PDF / HTTPS?

Thought I'll come back and answer the last.

Thank you to all the people who suggested "Do not save encrypted pages on disk".

I followed Ericlaw's advice and set:

  Cache-control: Private  

I also came to know that Pass Pragma: no-cache , which I removed.

Now works like a magic :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -