What's the fastest way to check if a web site is up in Perl or C? -


I'm trying to check if a web site is up and running or not. I am currently doing this with the UserAgent Library in Perl 1. However, it is still very slow for me.

I call script every five minutes from the cron. There are lots of links to investigate and it takes more than five minutes to complete the script execution. Therefore, I need a more effective way to do this. It can also be a solution in C.

The following ways to speed it up:

  1. Just check that Can we set sockets for 80 ports of target port, do not actually receive an HTTP request or just send a simple head request.
  2. It's fast to use multi-threads.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -