asp.net - Alternative to Office Interop for document generation -


We are currently using Office Interop so that documents can be prepared from templates in Office 2003 (word, excel and powerpoint) Able to It seems that instead of being frowned upon (see) and it works fine, then I would be more than happy with a supported solution.

There is no non-method to do this?

  1. Office 2003 only (no Office xml / Office 2007 compatibility pack is not allowed)
  2. ASP.NET needs to run a server side
  3. < Li> Word, Excel & amp; Powerpoint documents given from user. Dot,. XLT and .pot templates
  4. By changing some text at some points, it should be able to further customize the encodings. Name, address etc.
  5. Free or very low cost I am not able to increase purchase orders to change a working system on the basis that some people thought that this is a filthy hack; )

I'm not sure that there is a better way to do what I have posted as an answer to another question about automating the office but I think it Proper answer to this question (especially when you Looking for free or low cost solutions)

Using Microsoft, I have no end to problems (poor performance, hanging procedures, crashing process etc.) to print office documents in PDF format through the interpost in the web service Word and Power Points I have also faced problems like which I suspect that the invisible dialog boxes (maybe a file is corrupt, recommended for read only, file password is secure, or whatever).

I know that there are available who do not use the office, but they are very expensive. My solution was to switch open to automate open office. Open office looks very stable, and I have left the hanging process and backwards.

So, when I think I'm saying "Microsoft Office is not automated", I'm not telling you you completely abandon automation; Compared to the Microsoft Office, more success has been found to automate openoffice more .


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -