database - Can I download an SQLite db on /sdcard and access it from my Android app? -


I already know that bundling files in .apk and not the best option on / sdcard So far, big files are being downloaded on the first run. I came to a tutorial about how to bundle a SQLTree DB with APK and then copy it so that it can be accessed with SQLiteDatabase (thus repeating the required location, and do not use / sdcard).

Say that all databases should have / data / data / package_name / database.

Is it really that? What is a way to filter the structure to open a database placed on the / Sdcard partition? Is there any way to access other SQLite Java wrapper / frameworks to access such databases?

If the answer to the above answer is 'no', then what are the other options I have? My data is very well represented in a relational model, but it is huge, plus, I want to be able to update it without the need to restore / upgrade the whole app.

Be sure that you can do the docs are slightly conflicting because they also say that No limitations have been implemented. I think that they should say that the relative paths are in the above location and DBS is private. This code should:

  file dbfile = new file ("/ sdcard / mydb.sqlite"); SQLiteDatabase db = SQLiteDatabase.openOrCreateDatabase (dbfile, null); System.out.println ("Its Open?" + Db.isOpen ());  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -