How can I debug a SharePoint EventReceiver with Remote Debugger? -


I wrote a SharePoint EventReceiver (Windows SharePoint Services 3.0) and want to debug it with Visual Studio 2008 SP1, which is turned on.

A different computer I have tried the following steps:

  • Installing event receivers ( I know that this works because a log file proves that the code is executed).
  • Class library (built in debug mode) in GAC of my event receiver SharePoint server.
  • Launch Visual Studio Remote Debugging Monitor on SharePoint Server.
  • Attach to the process on W3wp.exe on SharePoint Server Local Machine. Unfortunately, Visual Studio tells me that I will not be able to hit the set breakpackage I think GAC installs the debugging of the assembly (or whatever is necessary for debugging) symbols. are doing.

    What can I do to debug my incident receiver? As far as I know that the only way to increase SharePoint by custom assembly is to deploy them on GAC - am I missing something here?

    Best relationship
    Oliver Hannapi

The debug (.pdb) file can be copied to c: \ windows \ assembly \ MSIL \ ASSEMBLYNAME \ VERSION folder Restart the target machine and IIS.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -