research - What percentage of your time is typically development vs. maintenance? -


And as a related question, which factors determine how much of your programming is divided between development and maintenance? I know this is a very subjective question, but I am thinking that software application development tools can make the most profit to make development faster or easier to maintain? Thank you for your time, and please answer before closing at least some people, I will choose the winner!

If you are coming to the point of where to put effort in the device, then I can say Without any doubt, any acupuncturally fragmented piece of software is going to be spent on spending more time rather than writing. I've always been in touch with the old code which is opaque, complex, or just terribly awesome.

OTOH: If you are not able to understand your new written code, then you really should get another line of work.

Frankly, I think "fastening growth" is a bad goal. Due to cutting corners, efforts can be made to burn everywhere everywhere. Better to spend more at the time of development and get it properly.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -