asp.net - multi-platform app: ashx or web services? -


I'm looking to create a lightweight, heavy traffic, DB site. It will be standard 3-tiered architecture in asp.net Part of this site is web based, but most of the functions will ideally be available on mobile devices as well.

That being said, I know that web service is the classic answer to this, because I can use a web service from multiple platforms, however, I also know that the ash file The lightest weight is there any way to access ash files from non-web platforms? And if so, how would it be to do the same thing in comparison to a web service?

A good example: A login page that asks to authenticate a web service or ashx file.

Thank you!

Eric

[edit] I was thinking on the lines of iphone / android / pre-type mobile apps.

How do you display on mobile devices? You have said "Web Based" and "Mobile Device" but this can be the same thing as

, you should also look at ASP.NET MVC, if you do not have it. It should help with the design and performance of tearded designs that come from design.

An .ASHX file will efficiently distribute you to any type of content you need. If this is one of its major powers then the answer to your question is yes, it can be used to distribute non-web platforms through SOAP or other HTTP transport plans. This will involve much more than using web services.

With my login example, I see that the main advantage is that your ASHX file can use many transport schemes, not just SOAP. So for example you can use light weight REST.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -