sql server connection error -


I get the following error when I try to register a DB server:

TITLE: Connect to Server

p3swhsql-v14.shr.phx3.secureserver.net can not be connected.


Additional information:

When a connection to a server is connected to SQL Server 2005, this failure may arise from the fact that the default settings under SQL Server remote connection Does not allow. (Provider: Named Pipes Provider, Error: 40 - Can not open connection to SQL Server) (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 3)

For help, click:


Button:

OK

I googled, but most of the solutions related to checking the stuff on SQL Server are this shared server and I do not have access to the machine. I tried to register another DB server and I get the same error I know that the connection properties are correct. I am not sure what can I do. BTW, Windows Firewall is disabled on my local machine.

There is a common thread with some suggestions:.

Other potential issues can be a firewall on the server side which only allows connection to a certain IP range. Even if your own firewall is off, this does not mean that the server's firewall is giving it to your machine. Did the server administrator open the hole for your home machine?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

Visual Studio 2005: How to speed up builds when a VSMDI is open? -

booting ubuntu from usb using virtualbox -