mysql - Fetch rows where first character is not alphanumeric -


I'm adding some new features to a small project, on which I am working and one of these alpha endorsements It looks like

# 0- 9 ABCDE ... XYZ

I can easily get anything from my first letter through a few things

  SELECT * FROM ... where 'A%' ... like the name starts with a number and all other characters Grouping anything else a little bit More difficult, I think it would be using MySQLs REGEXP.  

Just to be clear, I need help in making two questions which will get all the rows where

  • the first letter in the column is numeric
  • The first letter in the column is not alphanumeric

    The first letter is numeric:

      SELECT ... FROM ... WHERE name REGEXP '^ [0-9]';  

    The first letter is not alphanumeric:

      SELECT ... FROM ... WHERE name REGEXP '^ [^ 0- 9A-Za-z]';  

    (Note that this is different from NOT REGEXP ^ [0-9A-Za-z] , because you only < / P>

    You may choose the option of [^ [alnum:]] option for [code]. [^ 0- 9a-za-z] , but I have not tested it. You can definitely option [[digits:]] for [0-9] But it is longer: -)

    Also see.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

Visual Studio 2005: How to speed up builds when a VSMDI is open? -

booting ubuntu from usb using virtualbox -