powershell search for docs created by user? -


Can I search for a drive to show all the documents created by a particular user? I thought the path of powers is ... but maybe another way is possible?

Actually, I want to find a drive and find * .doc or * .docx files and access word properties to see who created the file (author)

App>

. You can then view the document's metadata using the collection on the object. The author's name, if present, will be in that collection.

It will take a while, however, you can only see the file system ACL to determine the file system? But this only tells the user who created the file, not the person who created the document.

Another option would probably be to use Windows Search from within Parschell, obviously you can use it with an OLE DB provider. And I think Windows Search is able to ask the author's information from the Word document.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -