winapi - Can't run a service under an account which has no password? -


If I have a password in the service's "logged on" account then I can start the service properly. But when I delete the user password and try again, I get the error: "Error 10 9 9: Service did not start due to logon failure"

Can not one service run under an account with blank password?

By default, all modern versions of Windows have local security policy only to log in to the local console In other words, a user with an empty password must be physically located on the computer to log on. User batch can not log on as a user, as a service, on the network, etc.

By changing the policy under Local Policies -> Security Options, this can be changed or by changing the LimitBlankPasswordUse value under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ Lsa to zero.

But, and it is very important, it will set a serious hole in your security because users with empty passwords are now quite easy to guess being able to log on to a remote and empty password. I can think of any reason to run the service without any password account, so I would recommend - do not do this.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -