Installer question: "Program Files" or "Program Files (x86)"? -


I am installing a .NET (C #) application which is 100% managed code. The installer (InnoSetup) always wants to install the "x64 x64" program in Vista x64, which I believe because the installer itself is only 32 bit (Please correct me if I am wrong) These are my questions:

< Ol>
  • Does being in the x86 folder affect my application in all the way back and forth, which I do not know about?
  • I agree that my application will still be run as a perfect x64 application, even though it is in the x86 folder, is this correct?
  • Will the installer put the application in the "Program Files" folder?
  • Thank you!

    1. Probably not in that (x86) folder due to this in older applications It is easy to find (if necessary) because they give it reference of the environmental variable.

    2. Yes, unless your EXE is marked as "any CPU", it should be compiled as 64 bits.

    3. It would be obvious that this is 64 bits.


    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    c++ - Linux and clipboard -

    Visual Studio 2005: How to speed up builds when a VSMDI is open? -

    booting ubuntu from usb using virtualbox -