Is there a database like this? -


Background: OK, so I guess what I think is an object database though , (Obviously some) object databases I've seen are simple persistence layers, and not fully developed DBMSs. I do not know what I am looking for, even an object database is also considered, so in order to point me in the right direction, really any help would be greatly appreciated.


I do not want to describe what I see to describe two pages, so I will clarify my point using an example. Let's say I have a "blog post" object that I have to store. Something similar, in pseudocode:

  class blogpost title: string body: string author: user tags: list & lt; String & gt; Note: From the list & lt; Comment & gt;  

(Assume that comment has its own orbit.)

Now, in a relational database, author one User.id , and tags and comments Using a different table to store many or many relationships-what I want for many relationships is a database engine that does the following:

  • Store Related items ( author , tag , etc.) of a direct reference instead of using foreign keys, which requires an additional lookup; In other words, the objects above each other must be supported by the database originally
  • I want to update a blog without retrieving it, and then add a comment or tag without inserting it Allows back in the database (such as a document-based database - for example a CouchDB example)

I think what I'm seeing is a shipping database, Lake Not that I know. Is anything even like what I'm thinking? If so, what is it called? (Or better yet, give me a real working database.) Or am I very bad?


Editing:

Just to clarify, I do not see for an ORM or an abstract layer or anything like that . I am looking for a real databank which internally does it Sorry, if I am having trouble, but I have searched and I have not got anything.


Edit:

In addition to that, there will be some excellent for JVM, but at this point I do not care how the stage runs.

I think what you describe is easily modeled in a Then you get the benefit of navigating to the nodes / edges, where you want to make changes without the need to retrieve anything. There is an open source graph database for JVM (where I am part of the team). You can read about it on this, or as part of an overview. For tags, I think you can get some additional benefits by storing them in the graph database if you want to find related tags and similar items. Just drop a line on, and I'm sure the community will help you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -