.net - What are the main advantages of switching to DLR for my scripting language? -


I have written a DSL using Anther to generate a laser and parser from my grammar file. Parser generates an abstract syntax tree that contains various nodes (eg function nodes) which I can calculate. In the code of the function nodes, I take into account the compulsive-function names and parameter types to match the function's library. I have some simple caching here to optimize the function (if I call A + B with two ATT then next time I have a strong chance of using plus operator, it will be with 2 ints).

Recently I am reading about DLRR and it seems that this type of scripting language is designed to be included in the implementation. In the first blush it does not look like it does for me as it generates parser or laser, but it seems that it helps in other parts of the implementation. I was wondering what would be the main benefit of switching to using DLR.

If you apply careful binding, DLR will give you a very powerful caching system - maybe you The more optical optimized, the more real it will be able to do it on its own. In addition, you are likely to gain better interoperability with other languages, because you will use the "standard" dynamic object protocol. For example, C # 4 will be able to call in your language without any additional work, just using the dynamic type to do this without DLR, you generate the "normal" static CLR type Have to do.

It is difficult to make sure that it will be beneficial because we do not know what you want to use in your language, or how much it does beforehand, however, clearly working on DLR There are so many smart people - I think that if you are making a dynamic language to walk on the net, then it will be wise to take advantage of their work.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -