convention - Variable naming and team members who speak another language -


I work with many developers in India and one of our biggest difficulties is the naming of the first. Was frustrated and did not understand why they did not give things properly (this was laziness?) However, I realized that they are probably not using the naming of variables because they read all the codes. , And his reading English words There are little or no meaning. It seems to be obvious now, but if you can not understand English enough, then the name's name is impossible for it.

For better naming practices with a foreign-speaking team member How will work?

Sorry it's a little subjective, I've marked it as a community wiki.

> Thank you!

Change the requirements for members of your team - they should have enough understanding of written English.

Edit: In response to Bill's comment, I think the cost of dealing with poor communication problems is not in the savings calculation, but I have never worked with foreign developers. , But I work with 2 non-native English speakers and communication is sometimes a bit slow with them, even though they both lived in the United States for 20 years.

Besides, I was not expecting my answer to be the most useful. Just trying to make a point if you do not hire someone to work in your office, why would you take them to work on behalf of the other side of the world? Even if you are going through an agency, then you are indirectly employing every developer who works on your code.

My experience has been that when it comes to development talent, then cheaper it can be quite expensive.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -