fonts - Can you recommend any information about least ambiguous letters/numbers? -


I'm interested in making short codes (up to 6 characters) which are clear for human readability:

A good code would be like this: AE37HT, say.

Obviously, I can try to understand myself, but I was watching that no one was studied by people like NASA or not.

If you are also impressed by seeing the readability color, typeface, size, and distance (I'm potentially seeing something about an inch high from around 6 feet), It will also be useful on the monitor or perhaps even in print.

I have been given these guidelines, but there are no empirical results in it, which I can change in a table to prepare the code:

If your goal is purest clarity, then it will be a matter of choosing that font Which is preferably:

1) To select the fixed width random numbers / letters, there is considerable help in the fixed width, because the kerning is not changing when going across the fern.

2) Use a font with different 0 / o - which are definitely dirty people. See similar letters / number combinations, potentially, leave 0 / O of the mixture for this reason.

3) Choose a font with subtle serif and weight changes.

For some clear directions, see.

With the right font, I think that you can choose any letter / number combination and it can be clearly understood (except maybe 0 and o). I believe 8 / B, 5 / S and other samples will be clarified in the correct font.

The second thing that you can think of will be the use of one color for each letter and numbers - it will potentially cover the unreadable number / letter combinations I will make it a subtle Q, However, if there is a drastic color change, attention will be drawn to letters or numbers, which will harm the overall readability.


After reading your comment on any other answer, edit:

I only need a few thousand codes, so I'm about the size of the domain I am not very worried.

If this is the case, then I recommend leaving the whole number set, and adding only to those letters which do not have any view (or audio) You are reading this) with the similarity of numbers 6 points, even so Connecting with numbers, such as letters to help change you over to have code prospects would be easier to try to remove the selected few. Maybe I'll stick to 1-9, A, Z, R, W and other letters that do not match with numbers.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -