version control - git commit frequency -


Since I started gig switch from svn every time I recompile and started earning more and my test I decrease my work from the end in the end I decrease the function by function.

I also track some other projects using GIT like GAET, WordPress etc. I see that they do not do this often, so I am thinking of how much work do you do?

Guidelines for the GIT project itself (and the Linux Project, AIFI) is a "logical different changes" For one is committed.

It is a bit unclear, but you probably do not want to work every single day if you are continuously working on a project, and you do not want to probably do not want to do this After the change in the function - if you have edited many functions in many different files, then you want to add all related functionality together if you can provide a useful comment message with it and provide it. Are. All committed in the committed code should be all related, but it can certainly be in many files.

Do you want to keep in mind that the code is in the review, if someone is trying to decide that they have to merge their work, then it is very easy for them to start work for them. If you have any argument with each argument and are different from each other. This allows you (or other) to effectively select cherries - if you have three commitments with one modified one in each but they add in any way - without an application for the second two without breaking the codebase. Can not - then they're probably committed to a squashed down.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -