c# - Why use app.config to store config data? -


I am currently completing any application that was started by another person. It's using app.config for some settings, and a custom xml file for other parts it drives me crazy, and I want to consolidate the configuration in one file.

But I'm not certain to move everything into app.config and to remove the custom xml file or to move everything else to another file and forget about the app. Configure

I can see two arguments, one for each option:

  1. Use the standard method provided by Visual Studio for me for anyone else Keeping is easy.
  2. I have custom file against my own XML schema, outsourcing so many tests in this way, if the config file contains all the necessary data etc. But I'm sure I can do a lot of things from him. Think about it now. That's the reason I'm asking:

    Use 'app' for configuring 'beneficial' or What are the losses for storing 'traditional' configuration files versus your configuration? The main advantage of using

    App.config is that it is a default, supported way to store its config for the .NET app. Thank you for using the established standards instead of "your own rolling" by someone who uses that app or some day you inherited it.

    In addition, using the .NET framework, writing, creation, App.config file - if you go with your own plan, you will have to invent the wheel many times.

    That's why I would definitely recommend using app.config - this is the way to do configuration in the .NET and widely accepted and well supported standard.

    Mark


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

Visual Studio 2005: How to speed up builds when a VSMDI is open? -

booting ubuntu from usb using virtualbox -