flex - Is there a way to set TCP_NODELAY to Socket.flush(), NetConnection.call() or sendToURL()? -


I am writing a real time app using Flex / Flash client and using my own server running Linux I am

I want to be able to send data from Flex Client in real time (in response to user actions) I've tried the following methods:

  • flash.net NetConnection.call ()
  • flash.net.sendToURL ()
  • Flash. Net.Socket.write () Flash.net.Socket.flush ()

There is a need to always wait for the call to send the ACK to each call In other words, if you do:

  var nc: NetConnection; // Setup code left nc.call ("foo", someData); // Some more code left nc.call ("foo", moreData);  

The above second nc.call () will not send the data to the server until the ACK to receive the first data. I would like to send the data instantly without waiting for ACK

If the time for the server is long-trip (like 300 mms) then I can only send data to the server three times. Ideally, I want to be able to send data up to 30 times per second, but at this time only about 30 ml That is possible with RTT.

The server itself becomes, no matter the data 300 MMS late - I know I can not beat the speed of light.

Is there a way to send data without waiting for ACK? In other environments this is done by setting the TCP_NODEEE flag on the socket but it seems that I do not have control of that level in Flash / Flex.

Update : I think I may have stumbled upon an alternative solution for this. I think the Flash Player Host browser has a separate TCP for each Netconnection object Attempts to give connections, subject to connection threshold for each browser, e.g. The limit of 2 connections for IE can be around by using a sub-domain (so far no such attempt has been done), therefore it is expected that it is possible to be close to real-time behavior using a pool of netconnection.

Thank you.

Alternatively, you can look at something like Hemlock instead:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

Visual Studio 2005: How to speed up builds when a VSMDI is open? -

booting ubuntu from usb using virtualbox -