Bug tracking for legacy physics models -


I am the only software engineer on a team that develops a physics model (approximately 30,000 lines of code). In the rest of the team, there are scientist who are preparing their codebes for about 20 years. My workflow goes something like this:

  1. The scientist requests a new feature
  2. I apply it
  3. Via test & Amp;
  4. The scientist requests a new feature (without fixing the problems identified in # 3)

Our problem seems to be bug tracking e-mail and Post-it is done through notes. Busy work schedule slips below the bug radar for months and months. I think some formal bug trackers (i.e. track, redmin, cumin, fogbug, etc.) can help us.

  • Incredibly easy to use
  • Version control software Integrate with (we use subversion)
  • Lots of posts are suggested ... but I think I'm more interested in this:

    • Is it eligible for the upper part of the baggator?
    • Rtrani to understand (that adheres to the "best practices" of poor software engineering '70s) that is a bug tracker worth the side effects?
    • I have found that if I install a bug tracker, then I will be the only user. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it still useful? It seems that the team will need a certain amount of "purchase-in" to make an additional overhead worth a bug tracker.

    I want to take a look at Strategy 2 in that it basically argues That's if your company does not use bug tracking software, you should start using it for yourself, and it should show how it helps in working. Also ask others to use it to submit a bug so that they can see how easy it is to use.


    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    c++ - Linux and clipboard -

    Visual Studio 2005: How to speed up builds when a VSMDI is open? -

    booting ubuntu from usb using virtualbox -