linq to sql - Direct Access to SQL with Silverlight -


I'm new to .NET in general, so I hope this is not even the n00b of a question.

I am looking to write a Silverlight app that connects with an MSSQL DB using LINQ. Do I really want to use different WCF services? It seems that there are safety implications, but it will be on a completely reliable network.

Thank you in advance

In short, the answer is no, you absolutely, the positive Silverlight You can not access the SQL database. You must use WCF to talk to a server that can then run some SQL queries. If you want to use SQL directly from LINQ, you only need it if you are considering the Entity Framework backend, to make updates and tracking easier on the client side, .NET RIA Services or ADO.NET data You can use the services. My personal favorite is NIT RIA services because it has a rich feature set. Good luck!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -