security - Network share access issue - migrating asp.net web site from 2000 to xp -


I know that this is similar to some other questions, but whatever I can find, T got anywhere It's very polite.

I have a small asp.net website, which we use internally for some simple logs, such as time sheets and a support log, they access the Access database on a network share (Using domain users) I'm taking a web site from a virtual machine that runs Windows 2000, which runs Windows XP, and I'm not able to use the database. I get an error:

  error [HY024] [Microsoft] [ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] '(unknown)' is not a valid path, make sure the path name is spelled correct and it That you are connected to the server on which the file exists.  

The configuration should be on both sites (or should be):

  • I'm using the data source applet to create system DSNs, so my connection string On the lines of "DSN = timesheet"
  • I use impersonation so that ASP.NET The process uses a domain account. My web The config file has an identity tag with a domain user and password (yes, it is not what you call the best practice in security).

All this works fine on the Windows 2000 site, but not on the XP version. I've created a small page to check network access. Basically:

  SysAcctLabel.Text = System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity.GetCurrent (). Name; // List of Available Drives Response Type ("available drive letters: 

In the aspx file, I also show the value of the environment. Username.

On both sites, user information shows the same value, but on the Windows 2000 version I see a network drive in the list, and not in XP version.

What is the idea?

Thanks

Tom

Attempted to enter the server interactively and what are the drive letters mapped? You probably need to map drive letters as that user before (and check the 'Connect next time' checkbox).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -