iis - Moving from one https page to another with a different certificate -


Imagine a bog standard signup page, which captures some user information such as name, address, etc. This, which is transferred to a payment site (WorldPay).

Now, it is necessary that everything is safe, so that it means (and correct me if I am wrong)

a) I get an SSL certificate on IIS and Have to install. B) I must then save the signup page (how to do it perfectly, but if someone wants to tell me that this is grand!)

So, assuming that the signup page is now under a certificate There is no reason why there should be a problem in redirecting the World Pack (which is under SSL but is under a separate certificate)?

I can not imagine why I am not doing this on AJX or some other (see), but sometimes these things can cut you off!

Thanks Duncan

The only problem is that I can see that if If you have a direct form with your users, then the most alert page (FF 3.5 shows "incredible connections" in a similar scenario - it is to stop phishing attacks). One possible solution to this would be to submit the mysite.com form to the mysite.com domain, and then there will be an administrator or something that will give the user payment information on it. (You want to see that you are not disclosing a URL with the user's personal information.)

My guess is that this question is something that your payment site needs to deal with quite often. I suggest to let them know that they have specific recommendations for dealing with SSL, warnings, and so on.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -