tfs - Merging from wrong changeset in some circumstances -


I have a main branch and a god branch in TFS. I changed from main branch to god branch. Now when I try to merge again, I say that there is nothing to merge.

However, when I merge with the Div branch from the main branch, it magically determines that a bunch of files are different (which only exists in the main branch). Why does this decision? Because TFS is dividing the dev branch by using the wrong changelist version! It is using the second one from the last changeover, as I have never asked!

Sure I can solve this by merging a force, but then mainly every file will be changed when it actually changes. 'T. What do I want that TFS works logically in order to actually work, does anyone have a work-around address for this behavior?

Although this question has long been asked before.

First of all, you are working on God branch and you have a branch like a published branch, so when you merge you will get all the changes checked on the Dev branch to the main should do.

If it is not so, make sure that you have nothing in pending changes to check your changes. I work with a workstation for each branch to make sure that if you do this, make sure that you are at the workstation of the main branch and rightfully click on the branch and merge accordingly.

Hope you were asking this.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -