windows - How do I add CRRedist2008_x86.msi to Visual Studio Deployment Project? -


I need to add CRRedist2008_x86.msi to my deployment project because it is a requirement for my app, however, Want to run in the form. I do not want it to be added just as a file and then the user has to click on it to run after my app installs. Can someone guide me? It seems that it should be very easy, but for some reason I am missing something.

What you want it is set as "merge module" in your deployment project. Instead of .msi, find the .msm file that should be available on the CR website. Then in your deployment project, right-click on the project and select Add-> Merge module. Browse for the file and you are set.

When the installer runs, it will automatically open the related crystal report related items and install them for you.

You may also need an important file depending on the licensing of the application.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -