activex - Remote Machine Scan -


I'm making a part of a web-application, to scan a remote user's machine for viruses Enabled / malware, before they can continue to use web-application ... something like McAfee on-demand scan.

I'm assuming that ActiveX will be the way to go (because all on-demand scanners are active X-based of antivirus companies).

I am a little bit stuck on how to solve this problem. I hope that I will not have to scratch some scratch.

Do anyone have any ideas? Is it possible to integrate some previously available components in my code to do this?

Let me know if you need more information.

Regards, Sonal.

short answer: just do not do that.

Long answer: I will seriously re-evaluate your requirements here is compulsory for compelling virus scans properly from the webapp, and does not provide any real purpose from the webpage's perspective. The entire point of the web is that it is a user initiated request, and is run in a sandbox. For the sake of comparing access to the remaining machines for something like a virus scan, there is the exact opposite of the intentional way to do the work

The only thing that I can understand which is to be wise on the demand scan, For which you want to redirect your users to an expert in this area - maybe good in any form, but these serve as Java applet, browser plugin or similar To rely on dependable program - it is not on the web.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

Visual Studio 2005: How to speed up builds when a VSMDI is open? -

booting ubuntu from usb using virtualbox -