asp.net - How do you set handler mapping to a directory in IIS 6.0? -


I have IIS 7.0 on my development machine and IIS 6.0 on my server. On my development machine, I was able to set a handler map on a directory inside my viewer / viewHtml and I mapped it on ASP.NET. In my global.asax I check the request sent to asp.net / viewHtml / and I serve the appropriate HTML file (HTML version of the doctor, power point or Excel file) located outside this application virtual directory. I am doing it this way because all files are protected, we did not want to keep these files in the database due to scalability, and I have to hide the path of these files on the server. In IIS 7.0, all this does work out how I really like it. Although I can not configure my IIS 6.0 server to map all requests to ASP.NET in that directory.

Any thoughts? Thanks guys?

I have installed a web application using the same configuration that you are using and I Getting 404 I do not know why it works in IIS 7, but what I had to do to fix it.

Create a class that enforces the system. Web.IHttpHandler class. Transfer the code from Application_BeginRequest to the implementation of IHttpHandler.ProcessRequest.

Now you just have to register your HTML handler with ASP.NET. Do this to your web In the Configure, add an entry to /configuration/system.web/httphandlers.

Web.config Example:

  ... & lt; HttpHandlers & gt; & Lt; Clear /> & Lt; Action = "*" path = "*" type = "namespace classname, assembly name" /> Add & lt; / HttpHandlers & gt; ...  

This entry is telling ASP.NET to handle HTTP requests with any extension and any HTTP method by running the code in your HTTP hander. Note that I am clearing all the first definded handlers (defined in the web.config of the machine).

Note that application mappings configured in IIS will be required.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -